MedTech Europe has published an update on the anticipated timetable for the parliamentary vote on the European Commission’s Proposal for a revision of the Medical Devices Directive (MDD), which was submitted to the European Parliament and Council on 26 September 2012. The European Parliament’s Committee for Environment, Public Health and Safety (the ENVI Committee) is charged with considering the revision of the Medical Devices Directive. The ENVI Committee’s anticipated timeline has become clear over the past month, notes MedTech Europe, an alliance of European medtech industry associations founded by EDMA and Eucomed.
- A first exchange of views take place on 18 February
- ENVI holds a workshop on medical devices on 26 February
- ENVI considers the draft report on 24 April
- ENVI members table amendments on 3 May
- ENVI considers the amendments on29 May
- ENVI votes on the report on 10 July.
The report is slated to be voted on by the full Parliament in a plenary session in September 2013. And then the real fun begins!