What are you doing on 26 February? If you have an interest in the proposed medical device regulation and how it will affect patient safety and time to market, then you should make plans to be in Brussels. The European Parliament’s Environment, Public Health and Food Safety (ENVI) Committee has invited a clutch of experts to discuss the revision process and debate possible outcomes during a session that will run from 12:00 to 18:00.
- Ms. Dagmar Roth-Behrendt, MEP and rapporteur for the revision of the MDD
- Dr. Peter Liese, MEP and rapporteur for the revision of the IVDD
- Prof. Panos Vardas, European Society of Cardiology (ESC)
- Mr. Serge Bernasconi, MedTech Europe, EDMA & Eucomed
- Ms. Deborah Cohen, British Medical Journal (BMJ), Investigations Editor
- Dr. Laurence Lwoff, Committee on Bioethics (DH-BIO), Bioethics Department of the Council of Europe, Secretary
- Mr. Gert Bos, European Association for Medical Devices of Notified Bodies (Team NB), President
- Mr. Guido Rasi, European Medicines Agency (EMA)
- Ms. Monique Goyens, European Consumers’ Organisation (BEUC)
The workshop is open to the public and presentations will be translated into English, French and German. A full programme is available on the ENVI website.